Doctours Launch Video: Meag Sent Scripts, Michael Committed to Follow Up Before Monday, Doctours: Post-Churn Call Confirmed - "Upcoming Announcement" Signal After Mich..."/>Doctours Launch Video: Meag Sent Scripts, Michael Committed to Follow Up Before Monday, Doctours: Post-Churn Call Confirmed - "Upcoming Announcement" Signal After Mich..."/>Doctours Launch Video: Meag Sent Scripts, Michael Committed to Follow Up Before Monday, Doctours: Post-Churn Call Confirmed - "Upcoming Announcement" Signal After Mich..."/>Doctours Launch Video: Meag Sent Scripts, Michael Committed to Follow Up Before Monday, Doctours: Post-Churn Call Confirmed - "Upcoming Announcement" Signal After Mich..."/>

Date: 2026-08-25 Source: Email thread “Upcoming Announcement” - Meag Baker (meag@doctours.com), Michael Houck, Blake Stewart, Ben (media buyer) Prior context: Doctours Launch Video: Meag Sent Scripts, Michael Committed to Follow Up Before Monday, Doctours: Post-Churn Call Confirmed - "Upcoming Announcement"

Signal

After Michael sent detailed creative direction (two concept pitches: Girum’s Story + The Two Bills) on 2026-08-24, Meag Baker replied 2026-08-25 morning saying the team wants to discuss Michael’s feedback live and had additional feedback/suggestions of their own. Michael responded that he is traveling Wed-Mon and delegated Blake and Ben to get on a call to finalize scope and timeline. Michael stated explicitly: “next steps after that would be executing an agreement.”

Blake offered 10:30am PST on Aug 26, then expanded to 10:30am-1:30pm PST range. Meag has not yet confirmed.

Status

Deal is past creative alignment stage, moving to scope/timeline/contract. Blake and Ben are handling the next call while Michael is in transit.

Update - 2026-08-28 (email)

Meag Baker messaged Blake to say they did NOT confirm the Aug 26 call. Instead: “After some back and forth we were able to answer some questions on our own. We’re meeting this weekend to come to a discussion on how we want to proceed. I will get back to you as soon as we get some more clarity on things internally with our team.”

Blake replied: “Sounds good. Feel free to send over any questions that come up. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.”

This is a hesitation signal. The deal was previously logged as “scope/timeline/contract” stage, but Doctours is now holding an internal meeting before deciding. Could indicate budget concern, stakeholder disagreement, or cold feet. Deal is not dead but stalled pending their internal alignment this weekend.

Update: 2026-09-01 - Michael re-engages after returning from travel

Michael emailed the group (Blake, Ben Ornstein, Meag, Maurice) on Sep 1 afternoon: “Hey team, I caught up with Blake and Ben after the chat last week, now that I’m back. LMK if any questions came up from y’all’s weekend sync. Ready to dive in once you give us the green light here. Know we’re a bit under 2 months out but the sooner we get moving the more time we’ll have for brainstorming and iterations.”

Michael is signaling urgency on timeline (~2 months to the announcement) and re-engaging after travel. No reply from Doctours as of this capture. Deal status remains stalled pending Doctours internal alignment.

Watch

  • Meag follows up after the weekend (target: week of 2026-08-31)
  • What tier they close on: Core $6,500 / Full $12,500 / Stack $17,500+
  • Whether they proceed at all - watch for a pass or counter
  • Agreement execution only after internal alignment resolves

Update: 2026-09-09 - Still Deliberating

Meag Baker replied Sep 3 (captured here as Sep 9 Superhuman reminder surfaced it): “Couple items are still being discussed internally but some of us are traveling this week so comms might lag a little. As soon as we come to a decision I or Maurice will let you know.”

Deal remains in limbo. Doctours internal decision not yet made. Michael last nudged Sep 1; no reply. Watch for word from Meag or Maurice week of Sep 8. Deal is 2+ weeks past expected resolution date.